Boost your skills, top up your student loan, and get creative and involved within your local community with various non-residential NCS programmes!
Come and work for Twin, a delivery partner of NCS, this summer as a Wave Leader and play an integral role in the organisation and implementation of the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme and the management of a summer staff team; maintain proper levels of young people safety, discipline and welfare.
To represent NCS goals and values effectively and be a point of contact and support for programme and core staff as well as other outside partnering charities/stakeholders, this includes being the contact between activity and progress on the wave.
For autumn term-time (12th Oct - 16th Oct) we are ideally looking for TEFL or ESOL trained, a CELTA (Certificate in English Language teaching) would be beneficial as you will be supporting young people who have English as their second language.
You will be expected to act as a role model, encouraging young people to develop inclusive and positive behaviour towards others.A full COVID-secure assessment will be completed, and suitable H&S measures will be in place to protect staff.
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their communities. The aim is to encourage young people from different backgrounds to mix through a local, community-based programme.
Working closely with the core staff team at Twin, Team & Assistant Team Leaders act as the 'face' of NCS. Our leaders oversee the smooth day-to-day running of the programme, taking on responsibility for the safety and well-being of groups of young people, and line-managing a team of summer staff through the NCS programme.Programmes:
Twin offers zero-hour contract from September to December for various programmes:
- Autumn half-term which will run for a minimum of 5 days (potentially 9 days) on weekdays with some weekend work required. This programme will take place from 26th to 30th October in Dorset with the possibility of social actions projects running for 4 days over weekends
- Autumn term-time with the delivery window from October to the end of November and can run for 2 to 9 days at a time.
- School Support with the delivery window from September to December. Various dates and programme length ranging from two hours to 10 days which can be spread
Daily rate at £84.80 for Autumn Half-Term programme and hourly rate at £10.6 for Autumn Term-Time and School Support programmesPrinciple accountabilities:
- Health, safety and well-being of all participants during the programme
- Successful delivery of the programme/contract
- Developing and facilitating appropriate participant activity
- Liaising with all Twin departments as required
- An influencer and excellent negotiator
- Ability to deal with a demanding workload and prioritise
- Good interpersonal skills with people at all levels
- Fluent English communications skills - both written and verbal
- A problem solver who thrives in a challenging environment
- A flexible attitude to work
- Ability to voice opinions & provide feedback in a clear, constructive and considerate manner
- Ability to recognise signs of distress in young people and staff, and respond to these promptly and sensitively
- Ability to listen to young people and staff, and provide a space for them to share concerns
- Ability to recognise when participants aren't engaging with or accessing activities and take responsibility to understand why and action to address this
- Ability to work within a team and on your own initiative
- Ideally TEFL (teach English as a foreign language) or ESOL (English to Speakers of Other Languages) trained
You will be working non-residentially Monday to Fridays with some weekends work.
Twin Training International is committed to safeguarding. For all applicants called to be assessed/interviewed:
The successful candidate must be able to work in the UK.
To complete an application form and submit your updated CV, please contact the Rose Coleman at
- References will be followed up with specific questions as to applicant's suitability to work with persons under 18
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and qualifications will be required
- Successful candidates will be required to undertake a DBS check
- Successful candidates will be required to complete online and 2 days face to face training prior to commencing employment
- Successful candidates will be expected to actively engage in the safeguarding of under 18s
NCS recruitment specifying which role you wish to apply for. You will receive an email requesting some more information.
We have 3 autumn roles available: Team Leader, Assistant Team Leader and Wave Leader
You also have toregister your interest
on the NCS website: specify ' I want to work for a specific provider
s' select Twin Training International Ltd- SW
You have to be 18 years old after 1st June 2020 before you can apply to work on the NCS programme.