Technical Team Lead/Head of Equities Technology (Java) - Buy Side - London/Remote
An industry leading buy side fund/wealth manager are looking for a strong technologist and leader to join their rapidly expanding London Equities Trading division. This team are at the forefront of the development for funds European platform development, developing the core components and tools used by the Traders and Wealth Managers across the business.
The system is primarily modern Core Java, implemented with a microservices architecture and includes deployment to the cloud using AWS. Most of the development that the team carries out is Greenfield and they are constantly striving to use the latest and most exciting technology that the industry has to offer.
This role will comprise of a number of tasks:
- Technical leadership, including strong input to design, architecture and future direction
- Hands on development, daily coding
- Management and guidance of the wider development team, including hiring
The successful candidate can look to receive between £115k and £135k
base plus the potential of a very healthy bonus, total compensation and benefits package.Requirements Summary
Please contact or apply for full spec and confidential discussion
- Experience leading technical teams within a business facing environment (buy side preferable)
- Hands on development experience with Core Java, Cloud Tech (ideally AWS), microservices
- TDD (Strong emphasis on testing)
- Understanding of Equities Trading (experience facing off to Traders/Wealth Managers)
- System Architecture and Design experience
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.