Electronics Test Support Engineer
The role is to support a wide range of computer-controlled electronic Automated Test Equipment, within the busy production facility. The company are primarily looking for a first-line trouble-shooter to deal with unexpected electronic test-related problems as and when they occur. They are looking for somebody with a passion for problem-solving, who would thrive working on a multitude of different tasks. It will involve some regular day-to-day test equipment support activities,
The company are looking for a multi-disciplined electronic test support engineer, with experience supporting computer-controlled electrical/electronic equipment.
- Strong knowledge of electronics theory and some knowledge of electronics design are key requirements.
- The ability to read and work from electronic schematics and system diagrams is essential.
- The ability to read and understand computer programs developed in Visual Studio (C# or VB.NET) is essential
- Good inter-personal skills are crucial, as the successful candidate for this role will find themselves working with managers, engineers and production personnel at all levels.
- Crucially, you will have a knack for investigating the link between computer software and electronic hardware to establish the root cause of the problem.
- Pragmatic approach to putting in place appropriate robust solutions in a timely manner.
Electronic Engineering Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience or an HND with specific test experience.