You will be reporting at Partner level and will be responsible for your own portfolio of clients and will be expected to manage these through building client relationships, keeping open lines of communication to both the client and the partner with regard to any issues.
You will have a team of audit & account seniors and semi-seniors reporting to you on each audit.Client Details
Well established North London practice (top 100) requires an Audit & Accounts Manager for their growing practice. The work will be split approximately 30% Audit and 70% Accounts production. A willingness to produce as well as manage is a must.Description
- To manage a portfolio of clients developing a good relationship with them, understanding their requirements, monitoring work-in progress against internal budgets and agreed fees, billing and keeping the client partner aware of status and issues.
- To assist partners and staff in quoting for new work, including identifying specification and time costs involved.
- Develop new systems and processes to ensure the throughput of work is done expeditiously.
- To liaise with the clients on all aspects of audit/accounts/tax and to be the main point of contact for any other ad hoc queries.
- Job planning, supervision and finalisation.
- To plan work and implement that plan, identifying key issues.
- To plan staffing requirements.
- To prepare and finalise statutory accounts.
- To act as an ambassador for the firm, to build up contacts and develop new business opportunities.
- Attend external and internal meetings.
- Work as a team with other managers.
- To coach and develop junior team members and provide constructive feedback.
Candidates must be extremely articulate, proactive and presentable. We seek a quick learner who is able to communicate well with clients and staff of all levels.
- Current knowledge of International Auditing Standards & FRS 102
- Business plans/forecasts on Excel
- IRIS or similar software, CaseWare, some Xero, Sage
- Commerciality, including good organisational capabilities
- Dynamic, good communicator, proactive and presentable.
- Paid staff volunteering day each year
- Flexible working
- 23 days holiday increasing to 25 on 5th year of service
- Quarterly social events
- Income protection
- Private medical cover
- Staff brainstorming and team building days
- Staff rewards/bonus scheme
- Commission paid for referred clients
- Team lunches/dinners
- Fresh fruit for staff
- Beer/Wine Fridge
- Massive opportunities for progression to those who deliver