The job holder will ensure that the development targets of the company's business plan are fully achieved. He/she will be a custodian of Development with Care.
* Ensure that all necessary resources are available for the project to progress through planning, design, tender and Technical approval to the agreed budget and programme.
* Attend monthly project meetings to ensure strategy, programme and budget are on track.
* Where project parameters change, to review a new strategy and ensure it is communicated effectively to all team members.
* To establish a positive and ethical culture within that enables the company to deliver its stakeholders objectives.
* Liaise with wider companies team members to support delivery of projects.
* Liaise with the Group Engineering Manager to agree strategy, budgets and programme.
* Provide a monthly update for Regional/Group Engineering Manager to enable the preparation of Board Report to track project progress and identify any changes to agreed strategy, budget and programme.
Deliver a high standard of performance.
The job holder will be primarily responsible for the achievement of the company's business plan's delivery, in terms of moving all schemes successfully through to Construction. Specifically, he/she should demonstrate a good working knowledge of:
* Budget control and planning process
* Engineering Design and technical Approval
* Utilities and Section Agreement
He/she should also review the business quality, environmental and health and safety performance, to ensure a record of continual improvement by the implementation to best practices.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
* Delivery of project milestones on time, and assist with planning consents of projects on time and on budget.
* Commercial value of project is maximised at all times
* All projects have a clear, understood deliverable strategy.
* Sufficient resources are made available to projects to avoid delay or reduction in quality.
* Efficiency improvements are introduced to reduce cost of delivery and operation.
TECHNICAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION REQUIRED:
* Minimum of 5 years experience in the Engineering Design, with strong knowledge of Technical Standards and planning law affecting development issues. Should have relevant professional qualifications.
* Educated to Higher National Certificate.
* Clean full driving licence.
The role is accountable for the company Technical Engineering Functions. The job holder will report to the Regional/Group Engineering Manager on a monthly basis covering project progress and relevant issues. Budgeting responsibility on project spend up to. Some travel will be required between Office and project sites.
The role will report directly to the Regional/Group Engineering Manager by means of a weekly face to face meeting and daily conversations to discuss and project specific issues. Hands on management of the project to deliver targeted key review stages and milestones. The role will require regular community liaison with a broad range of external stakeholders. Direct reports Regional/Group Engineering Manager
* Fit and healthy with a strong work ethic.
* Good communicator and listener.
* Resilient and resolute in pursuit of goals, gravitas to lead.
* Team member / team leader
* Sound judgement in all people and operations related matters.
* Results orientation
* Problem solving & Decision making
* Communication & Leadership
* Environmental awareness