We are working with our partner school who are looking for a successful Geography teacher to join them in January on a full time permanent basis or sooner if possible. The correct applicant will be a teacher who is an enthusiastic, committed and ambitious practitioner. You will work across all year groups and support a broad programme of extra-curriculum activities as well as school excursions and trips. This role is permanent, however teachers seeking temporary employment will also be considered.
The post is suitable for a newly qualified teacher and they will aid you on your induction year with a supporting faculty and plenty of shielded time to ensure you can keep up with the induction process.
The school would also be interested in a teacher who will be looking to make the jump to head of department in the next few years, this will be important to ensure that the faculty can continue to grow and thrive!
This school is on a rapidly improving and exciting journey, where high quality teaching and student engagement is vital, currently a Good Rated schools the school staff and leadership team do currently have their eye on an outstanding Inspection at their next visit! The Humanities Department is a thriving and buzzing part of the school with a fully inclusive faculty and excellent resource sharing practice, they regularly hold events outside of school hours as friends and as part of organised school events.
We are looking to appoint a teacher who will:
• Be an excellent practitioner with good subject knowledge up to GCSE level in Geography and other subjects.
• Engage, enthuse, motivate and challenge students to raise achievement at all levels.
• Have a keen interest in Geography and developing the Geography curriculum area
• Enjoy working in a team, being supportive and inspiring to fellow Geography teachers and teachers in the wider school
In return you can expect:
• Excellent support and opportunities for professional development.
• Opportunities to work cross-curricular if desired.
• A dedicated team who place students at the heart of everything.
• Great students who are proud to be part of the school.
• An open and honest professional culture and learning community.
If you are interested in becoming part of the Humanities team, building on their success and joining our partner school on their exciting journey to become an outstanding school, I would love to hear from you. Apply today to avoid missing out on this brilliant opportunity.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.