We are looking for a Semi-Skilled Operator/Industrial Cleaner to work for our world wide raw material business in Shotton. The position exists for an operator to be responsible for cleaning and painting all requested areas and equipment within the Manufacturing Engineering function for support of process lines. The pay for this position is £12.11 on a 40 hour week - Day Shifts.
About the Company:
Our client is one of the world's top ten steel producers. It is an international business with almost 50 years worth of experience in the development and manufacturing of pre-finished steel products. With the huge part they play in society, they have been responsible for building both Heathrow Terminal 5 as well as the Wembley Arch; you can be part of this!
PURPOSE OF JOB
The job holder will be responsible for cleaning and painting all requested areas and equipment within the Manufacturing Engineering function for support of process lines. In addition there may greasing activities and general semi-skilled work such as carrying out deliveries around site and assisting craft persons with their duties.
The candidate must have adequate relevant experience in an Engineering environment. He/she must have good communications skills. The candidate must be able to work as part of a multi-disciplined team. He/she must possess good risk awareness when planning and undertaking tasks, and be able to challenge those who do not.
Role responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
* Health, Safety and Environmental performance adhering to the works IMS procedures and PPE instructions / procedures.
* Undertake safe operation of painting tools and equipment within the Manufacturing Engineering function.
* Prepare and paint mechanical items to a high standard to the expected delivery period..
* Undertake industrial cleaning and floor painting activities.
* Take an active role in CI, maintaining and improving safety and housekeeping standards within the Manufacturing Engineering Function
* Undertake work for process lines, auxiliary plant and cranes as required.
* Undertake Risk assessments.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business