An award-winning FMCG business are looking to recruit an experienced and dynamic Commercial Accountant to their Head Office team based in Grimsby, N.E Lincolnshire.
To be responsible for analysing commercial performance, giving insight and data-driven recommendations to help maximise sales and profitable growth. The role holder will also perform business modelling to understand the commercial implications of proposals.
Provide support to the Commercial Financial Controller, the wider Finance Team and Commercial Team.
* Review daily MIS report, investigating and resolving for low margin orders and loss making orders. Understand and analyse the reasons for the loss making orders with a view to improving processes and identifying where extra training is required.
* Monitoring and accurately accruing for customer rebates in line with JBPs.
* Working alongside Commercial to ensure the commerciality of all JBPs and customer pricing.
* Carry out the daily sales importing tasks including reconciling Sage, Exportmaster and MIS.
* Co-ordination of annual budget (commercial) and regular reforecasting.
* Developing the ABC process and delivering insightful reporting.
* Provide robust analysis of commercial performance; working with the sales team to ensure data needs are met, and the wider business to ensure clear visibility over the numbers and what they mean.
* Reporting and providing insights including on Category and Product, influencing decisions to improve performance.
* Business modelling for ad-hoc projects, working closely with the Projects, Commercial and Trading teams.
* Being the finance point of contact for reviewing commercial decisions such as pricing changes.
* Analysis of claims with a view to suggesting process improvements.
* Support the Commercial Financial Controller, wider Finance Team and wider business with other projects, ad hoc tasks and administration.
* Maintain a good understanding of the business and its processes in order to be able to engage and support the wider business.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
* Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with Commercial Finance experience.
* Previous experience of business partnering or strong stakeholder management skills.
* Commercially and logically minded.
* Ability to analyse and compile insightful financial and commercial recommendations.
* Strong analytical skills including Excel and business analytics software (preferably Power BI).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
* Strong influencing skills and ability to challenge.
* Flexible and adaptable approach - ability to think outside the box and use own initiative.
This role would suit a qualified accountant with previous commercial experience, with good analytical skills and attention to detail. Additionally, someone who is able to work to their own routine, plus communicate well across all departments and levels