At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what is most important - look beyond our projects and programmes and you will see it is about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we are focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It is a big challenge - and therefore we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships, and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It is a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians and one that we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project, and management services. It is how we will find solutions to our clients' most complex challenges and how we will deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer to join our Water team based in our Exeter office delivering design, strategic and advisory services on wide ranging projects within the water and wastewater market sector and beyond.
Our Water Team have designed some of the World's major water supply and wastewater schemes and continues to deliver major projects for our UK Regulated and Non-Regulated water and energy clients. The main responsibilities of this role are:
• Delivery of allocated technical assignments, work elements and work packages and other design activities
• Undertaking technical tasks in accordance with the Company's quality, safety and project management/engineering procedures and controls
• Provision of Civil Engineering design inputs, within own area of experience/knowledge, across aspects of the Company's activities and commissions
• Checking / vetting all designs before issue
• Undertaking consultancy assignments and providing advisory support to Clients and contribute to formulation of design concepts and approaches
• Maintain good relationships with Client's key representatives and contribute to the marketing/networking.
• Inputs to the formulation of technical proposals and their presentation to potential Clients
• Specific allocated responsibilities and duties commensurate with individual experience and developmental needs.
• Design management, team leadership/mentoring and client relationship skills
• Extensive post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of a project of small to medium scale, application of British and European Standards and codes of practice with a particular strength in hydraulic design
• You must be a Chartered Civil Engineer with experience in the full cycle of sewerage / clean water projects such as asset planning, master planning, water treatment, sewage treatment, pumping stations and clean and wastewater network resilience and maintenance
• Have a sound knowledge of the industry, knowledge of managing and maintaining water and sewerage infrastructure and non-infrastructure projects, and have up to date on knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues
• Experience working within a multi-disciplinary team focussing on projects in waste and clean water
• Well-developed outline, feasibility, and detailed design skills.
• Ability to deliver quality outputs and meet project timelines effectively
• Relevant engineering degree, post-graduate qualifications an advantage
At Arcadis, you will have the opportunity to build the career that is right for you because each Arcadian has their own motivations and career goals.
As a 'people ﬁrst' business, we will take the time to listen and understand what you want from your time here and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity, and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success