Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff. Place2Be provides mental health support and training for over 600 primary and secondary schools, reaching a total school population of over 350,000 pupils.
As the Safeguarding Officer you will play a key role in ensuring that the organisation fulfils all of its statutory duties with regards to the Safeguarding of Children and Vulnerable Adults, working with internal and external bodies.
You will work closely with the service delivery team to ensure that all Place2Be staff and volunteers, are adequately trained in the Safeguarding of Children and vulnerable adults.
You will bring passion and strong organisational skills to the team during this exciting period of opportunity for the organisation.
What will I be responsible for in my new role?
* monitor the implementation and application of Safeguarding and Child Protection policies throughout Place2Be
* provide Safeguarding and Child Protection training for staff and volunteers
* support and assist staff wishing to raise concerns or seek help and guidance
* contribute to practice with regards to Adult Safeguarding and provide support and advice
* work with the Safeguarding Team in reviewing and enhancing training programmes and materials and ensuring that all training is up to date
The successful candidate will have:
* experience of providing Safeguarding and Child Protection advice and support to professionals working with children, Young people and families
* strong knowledge of current legislation, guidance and thresholds on Child Protection
* experience of delivering training and/or seminars/advice to build the skills, confidence and understanding of others in Safeguarding and Child protection matters
* excellent organisational skills and demonstrates a flexible can do approach
* previous experience of working with children and families with regards to Child Protection
Closing Date: Sunday 20th September 2020
Interview dates: Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th September 2020
In return we offer you a range of fantastic benefits including:
* Enhanced Annual Leave entitlement
* Robust Learning and Development Programme
* Contributory Pension Scheme
* Life Assurance, 4x Annual Salary
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Mobile Phone Discounts (EE Network)
* Cycle purchase and season ticket loan schemes
* Extended Maternity/Paternity Pay
If you share our core values of perseverance, integrity, compassion and creativity and have the counselling skills and patience to support some of the UK's most vulnerable young people and families, we would love you to join us. It's sensitive and demanding work - but hugely rewarding and fulfilling - you will be helping to give young people a brighter future.
Please view/download the full Job Description and Person Specification and apply on our website for further details