Not-for-Profit organisation is looking for an experienced Finance Manager to join them on a permanent basis for an exciting opportunity which involves international travel.
Not-for-profit organisation which has offices world-wide are looking to recruit a permanent Finance Manager which needs to be fluent in French.
The key responsibilities are:
Act as Financial Business Partner to a Regional Director, supporting the Financial Management of a Portfolio of Country Programmes
• Support the Programmes Team in the drafting and monitoring of budgets and forecasts, including variance analysis and exception based reporting.
• Support the development and review of new business proposals, scrutinising direct and indirect cost coverage, financial alignment with project workplans and client/donor requirements.
• Supervise the production of grant/contract financial reports, including contract billing and cashflow forecasting/management.
• Review balance sheet accounts, analysing key trends and material variations.
• Lead the monthly financial close process for a Portfolio of the Programmes
• Provide Remote and on-site Financial Management support to Country Programmes
• Support the Finance Team in the production of financial information for grant/statutory audits
• Provide input into the recruitment and selection of Finance Managers.
• Manage and motivate departmental staff to perform to a high standard, conducting appraisal meetings in line with organisational policy and agree and review progress towards individual targets on a regular basis
The successful candidate will:
Excellent management accounting experience, including a pro-active approach to budget monitoring,
Extensive experience of implementing and ensuring compliance with internal financial controls and procedures
• Demonstrable ability to think and plan ahead and identify areas of future concern and organisational risks
• Substantial experience of using mid-range accounting systems (e.g. PS Financials, Sage, SUN etc.)
• Proven experience of introducing and managing changes to finance systems, procedures, or practices
• Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Strong assessment skills, able to gather information from diverse sources tactfully, converting findings into detailed, actionable solutions
• Utilising Excel at an advanced level to add value to business processes and reporting
• A constructive and clear communication style on financial and non-financial matters, with excellent verbal and written English
• Ability to demonstrate initiative, be proactive and offer a solution-oriented approach
• Ability to apply a general business understanding when designing solutions to complex problems
• Ability to articulate complex financial information to non- finance personnel
• Able and willing to travel to remote and insecure locations for short periods of time and at short notice
• Determined and committed to high quality standards
• Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels internally and externally
Fantastic opportunity for someone invested in the Charity sector
Great company benefits