Job Title: Technical Assistant
Location: Seascale, Cumbria
Duration: Contract/ Staff
Assystem are an Award-Winning International Engineering Design Consultancy who provide innovative and cutting edge solutions. We have a number of UK based offices and a significant, loyal client base.
As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for a Technical Assistant who is required to assist the Engineering Management team in the successful delivery of the Project. This individual must be capable of working without direct supervision and can translate a client requirement into a meaningful engineering solution. Good communication skills are essential.
The project will include carrying out multiple large value, security enhancement projects on our facility.
As the Technical Assistant you will develop, manage and maintain a database for key project documentation.
* Build Information Packs with correct documents & drawings and ensure key deliverables are included.
* Obtain signatures within the time period set
* Resolve documentation Queries
* Track progress of all project documents
* Check documents / drawings for correct markings, revs
* Project Documentation Management.
* Distribute documents as requested and update master transmittal spreadsheet
* General duties helping Oversight Support team members.
* Manage and support audit & surveillances.
* Collate, monitor & trending performance data.
* Support the project through audits and any other reviews.
* Attend progress meetings, taking technical meeting minutes, capturing key decisions and actions where required.
* Support to project planner in progress updates and action resolution.
A full job specification is available.
You will have a sound understanding of Microsoft office suite of programmes, specifically a proficient and experienced user of Excel. You will have previous experience of Data entry, reporting, production of data and administration of project systems. Previous experience of working in a project support type role would be extremely beneficial
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact Aidan at Assystem