Vacancy Type: Full time, temporary role (Approx 4 - 6 weeks, could be longer)
Job Title: Manual Centre Lathe Turner
Salary: £12.25 per hour plus paid overtime
Hours: Mon - Fri 37 hours (early lunchtime finish each Friday)
Location: Glasgow (with FREE parking for all staff)
Start date: ASAP
Due to an increased work load and high customer demand, this vacancy has become available with a very well established Engineering Manufacturer within the food and drink sector. Based just on the outskirts of Glasgow (5 miles from city centre), the company provide free staff parking onsite.
The company are very well known for their high end product lines across Scotland, the UK and further afield in Europe. They have a very well established customer base and an extremely healthy order book.
This is the IDEAL opportunity for an experienced Manual Centre Lathe Turner who is looking for work RIGHT AWAY.
This is a full time hours (37 hours per week Mon - Fri with an early finish on a Friday). The contract will be for around 4 - 6 weeks minimum, but possibly could go on longer.
Manual Centre Lathe Turner
* Precision long bed turning of 6m. shafts
* Flange material up to 650 mm diameter
* Materials are Stainless Steel
* This is all conventional work
* The position of Conventional/Manual Lathe turner requires you to have the following:
* Must be able to read detailed drawings in both metric and imperial measurements
* Work with an in house quality system
* Time Served only with minimum 5 years' experience.
* Experience with other factory floor machinery is advantageous -> Milling & drilling.
* Experience within a medium/heavy engineering company.
WORKING HOURS (37 hours)
Monday - Friday (early close each Friday)
Morning break and lunch break.
£12.25 per hour plus paid overtime for those who want extra hours.
(time and a half for over time & double time on a Sunday).
Paid holidays will be accrued during this temporary contract.
Please send your CV now to Loraine Maher/Recruitment Partner.