Our client, based in Marlow, is looking for a part time Payroll and HR Assistant to join them on a 1 year contract initially. The hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 3pm, 30 hours per week.
If full time the role would be £23k - salary advertised is based on 30 hours.
The primary focus will be on processing the monthly payroll for four Group Companies. This will include processing, producing associated reports and responding to pay queries. Full training will be given.
This role will also process the necessary administrative tasks associated with day-to-day queries and issues, including updating of the HR database.
* Ensure that the payroll process meets all legal obligations to HMRC and GDPR requirements
* Responsible for responding to any payroll queries in a professional, accurate and timely manner
* Be the point of contact for external auditors regarding the payroll function.
* Admin tasks associated with day-to-day queries and issues, including being responsible for own filing, updating of HR database etc.
* Assist the HR Team in providing support, advice and guidance on HR policy and on the application of policies and procedures
* Support the HR Team with casework, which may entail gathering information, attending meetings and producing the minutes
Skills and Experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Proficient IT skills, including Microsoft Office and database skills
* Experience of working within an HR department
* Able to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers
* Focus on customer service
* Able to prioritise, plan and organise workload and working to deadlines
* Demonstrate strong numerical skills
* Analytical skills and an inquiring mind
* Able to work to set procedures when required to do so
* Able to work as part of a team
* Experience of using HR databases
* Previous Payroll experience desirable
Please note that we will only contact those candidates that we assess as suitable for the positions we have currently available based on their experience, training and skills. If we do not have anything suitable we will not keep your CV for more than 30 days.
Bucks and Berks Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment agency and employment business that is serious about its compliance with legislation. Bucks and Berks is acting as an Employment Agency in relationship to this role (if the vacancy is for a permanent position) or is acting as a Recruitment Business in relationship to this role (if the role is for a temporary position)