A lively and thriving school in the Leicester area is looking for a Behaviour Buddy to assist in the learning and support of students within classes through Key Stage 3 and 4 to help raise student attainment.
This role is ideal for applicants that have a passion for working with young people and those who aspire to work within education.
This role is particularly suited to creative individuals that can bring fresh and fun new ideas into the classroom in order to engage the pupils.
Maybe you have recently graduated from university studying drama or sports coaching and you are looking for a new challenge in which you can transfer your skills into a classroom environment.
This role is based in and around Leicestershire so a full UK drivers license is desirable but not essential.
As a Behaviour Buddy, you will be working with groups of students or one to one providing help and focussed support to children who have behavioural difficulties. You will be working within small classes with a teacher and other support staff. Working with Students aged between 9 and 16.
This role involves tutoring sessions to take place, all of which operate within school hours. As a Behaviour Buddy, you
will be expected to:
• Motivate and engage the pupils
• Encourage and aid development of pupils while consistently reporting feedback to leading members of staff.
• Work alongside key school staff to reduce levels of unauthorised absence and improve levels of attendance and behaviour of the pupils; all of which could be possible through your dedication and commitment to the role
• Ensure that tasks are carried out professionally, but also in a fun and rewarding manner.
If you possess any of the following, then you are highly desirable for the role (although at least voluntary experience within a setting with children is essential)
• A Degree (BA, Masters)
• Training (Team Teach)
• Armed Forces Experience
• Support Work Experience
• Prison Guard Officer Experience
What you waiting for apply today!
Successful applicants will need to provide 2 references including your most recent employer and have a DBS on the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one