Business Improvement Manager
Location: Stokesley, North Yorkshire
Salary: Circa £40,000
Contract Type: Full Time 39 hpw
The Business Improvement Manager will be a central company role, working with all parts of the business. The job role will predominantly involve maintenance, management and development of the company integrated Business management system. Standards worked to include ISO 9001 ISO 45001 ISO 14001 and ISO 27001. The role plays an integral part of driving continuous improvement within the business with the prime focus on being customer centric. The role involves indirect management of an internal audit team, risk assessment team where leading by influence is critical.
• Maintain and improve the performance of the company Business Management system
• Manage the route to new management system requirements identified by the company
• Provide expert Business improvement support to the company and drive a culture of improvement around the business.
• Keep up to date with continuous professional development
• Planning and scheduling of internal audit programmes and coordination of follow up actions
• Performing internal audits of the Business management system and producing audit reports
• Scheduling and presentation of Management reviews of the business management system to the senior management team and coordination of follow up actions
• Presenting company level KPIs to the senior management team and contributing to the analysis and review of them
• Producing, maintaining and reviewing the company disciplined improvement approach and promoting the use of it across the company
• Contributing towards the company strategy as required by the Senior management team
• Championing SC21 continuous improvement programme and co-ordinating delivery of related assessments and activities
• Providing business improvement support to all areas including attending scheduled monthly performance reviews and contributing to analysing and reviewing performance gaps against targets.
• Reviewing, approving, controlling access and maintaining appropriate issue status of Business management system procedures and general work instructions
• Maintaining and reviewing register for legal and statutory requirements
• Delivering training for staff on applicable Quality, H&S, Environmental subjects as, applicable
• Maintenance of the company customer complaint process. Monitoring related activities to ensure timely corrective actions to deal with non-compliance are implemented and effective.
• Reporting and analysis of customer feedback data to enhance customer satisfaction and eliminate causes of potential non-conformance
• External audits/evaluation at supplier sites, as applicable
• Performing risk assessments and planning the risk assessment programme and coordination of follow up actions
• Review and maintain Emergency preparedness arrangements for the business • Performing H&S incident investigations as applicable
• Liaising with external regulatory bodies as applicable
Skills, Knowledge, Aptitudes
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Able to manage and lead through influence
• Must be able to manage own time and work on own initiative
• Customer focussed (Internal and external)
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong organisational skills
• Risk based thinker
• Fact based thinker
• Holistic thinker
• Problem solving mindset
• Strong coaching/mentoring experience
• Act as the conscience of the business
• In depth knowledge of Quality, Health & Safety management systems and their Operation (ISO 9001 & ISO 45001)
Qualifications & Training
• ISO 9001 Certified Lead auditor (or similar)
• IOSH Managing Safely (or similar)
• Implementation and/or management and maintenance of a Business Management system to an ISO standard (or similar)
• (minimum 3+ years experience in a similar role)
• Driving licence / appropriate transport (due to location)
Why work for Analox?
What makes us great? Our network of colleagues ensures we offer a customer centric journey throughout the organisation. To achieve our high growth plans we need you! We want you to be the best you can and want to work at Analox. Frequently, people spend their career with us, some because they have found their niche, others because of the opportunities to progress through the organisation. Analox are where we are today because of our people and we have various ways to say thanks to our team including:
* Relax on your birthday with the day off - our gift to you!
* Free fruit, hot & cold drinks and a subsidised breakfast club.
* Be part of the fun club and join in our 'out of office' activities including bowling, family fun days and theatre trips.
* Celebrate the good times with team rewards such as fish & chip day, freshly baked pizza or indulge in a hog roast.
* Free healthcare benefits and a 3pm flyer on Fridays