Join Abcam as Product Specialist - Cell lines
Founded in 1998, Abcam PLC was an early pioneer of eCommerce in the life sciences industry.
Over the past 20 years, we have continued to be a disruptive, profitable growth company with an aspiration to be the most influential company for life scientists, supporting research, diagnostic and therapeutic discovery. Abcam is now a global leader in affinity reagents with offices across the US, Europe and Asia. It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery enabling researchers to make life changing breakthroughs faster.
Working within the growing Cell lines team in the Product Portfolio Innovation function, this role will involve developing a product offering that meets the needs of researchers working with gene edited cell lines. The aim of role is to support the Senior Product Manager to optimise Abcam's range of Cell lines to deliver specific revenue targets to deliver an ambitious global strategy for penetration, positioning and growth in the cell lines market.
Roles and responsibilities
• Support delivery of a global strategy for development, positioning and growth of Abcam's Cell lines portfolio
• Enhance customer digital experience to ensure that it remains "Best in Life Science"
• Work with Quality & PDI team to solve any product quality related issues
• Working with In House R&D and manufacturing to bring NPD to market, on time, in full
• Working with in-licensing to augment and enhance Abcam's In House offer for customers
• Support Abcam's SAM and Inside Sales with customers as Product specialist for edited Cell lines
• Develop deep understanding of the cell line market via communication with researchers and market reports
• Inputting in Global Marketing and digital campaigns for cell lines
• Review day to day performance of product category and carry out actions to ensure success of category
• Work with Customer Support teams to successfully handle customer enquiries
• Work in collaboration with internal stakeholders to align team goals and develop understanding of broader organisational priorities.
• Master's degree in biological-science field, with cell line experience
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• High level of analytical and numerical skills
• Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced environment
• Strong team player able to build credibility, and motivate international cross function teams
• Driven, result focused self-starter
• Excellent communicator
• Resilient with the strength to deal with challenging situations
Desired Qualifications & Qualities:
• PhD in Biological Science field
• 1-year of product related, marketing, sales or business development experience
• Experience with edited cell lines
A career at Abcam
When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences. Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes: private healthcare; income protection; critical Illness; dental insurance; travel insurance; cycle to work scheme; flexible working; an industry leading share scheme for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam has recently moved to a new global headquarters on the Cambridge Biomedical Campus a site which combines world-class biomedical research, patient care and education on a single site, and is on track to become one of the leading biomedical centres in the world by 2020. The new building will house a state-of-the-art lab and office space along with new and improved facilities for staff. Read more about our new office here .
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.