Trade Services assist Lloyds Bank clients, primarily from Commercial Bank but from all business sectors, to trade both at home and abroad by managing and handling their trade transactions under the Trade Product suite and/ or by financing their trading activity. Predominantly the transactions handled are for clients who are importing or exporting globally.
We help our clients with the following products:
- Documentary Collections
- Letters of Credit
- Open Account Finance
We want you to provide recommendations and make decisions to sign off and finalise trade transactions, putting the customer first and ensuring compliance to UCP rules, regulations and keeping the Bank & customer safe. You'll verify and quality check the work of other colleagues, signing off transactions over a specified value limit (as appropriate to product).
- Act as a point of reference for sophisticated technical queries for both colleagues and customers.
- Provide technical input to the design, development and specification of new/redesigned processes, systems, information, documentation, products and supporting materials.
- Support the business strategy to minimise impact of any loss events when they occur, ensuring the Bank's interests are protected at all times.
- Provide advice, mentorship and coaching to less experienced team members to improve their technical capabilities and ensure value added service to customers. Working with stakeholders such as RM's, FI, IBM's and RIBM's as appropriate.
- As advised, support the timely and accurate delivery of all requested projects, changes and initiatives.
- Review new and amended policy directives and work instructions drafted by our Documentary Advisors to assess impact on our processes and customer requirements, responsible for coaching colleagues around such changes.
- Ensure compliance with the Bank's procedures, guidelines, policies and reporting requirements as well as any relevant regulatory and statutory requirements. Raise and escalate any risks & issues identified, proposing mitigating actions as appropriate.
- Review and validate commentary provided by third parties as part AML transaction Risk assessment. Challenging back where required to ensure regulatory standard rationale.
- Demonstrate core Group values and behaviours as an active team member.
- Drive Continuous Improvement to processes / procedures / systems - in order to contribute to business efficiency goals and/or to improve the customer experience.
Specialist Knowledge and Expertise:
- Uniform Rules for Collections v 522
- Uniform Customs and Practise v 600
- Uniform Rules for Demand Guarantees
We're looking for these skills!
- International Standard Banking Practise (ICC Publication 745)
- A good understanding of Group Operations Policies, Legal and Regulatory requirements pertaining to the provision of Trade products, and the environment in which Trade Services operates.
- A good knowledge of Trade products and the Trade Processing Lifecycle, procedures and services, including interpretation of and application of best practices.
- A good overall knowledge of Banking and its environment in order to understand the end to end customer experience.
- Must either be CITF qualified or encouraged to successfully attain within 12 months of being in the role.
Our Benefits Package
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
Together we make it possible!