As a Strategic Marketer, your role is to create and oversee the implementation of successful go-to-market strategies and campaigns to gain market share in key product groups and customer segments in this instance Abcam's Cell Lines product group. This role sits within a new distinct strategic marketing function that will sit within the Customer Experience organisation at Abcam, working closely alongside Product Category Managers, Consumer Insights, Integrated Marketing, Digital, Sales, and Service teams.
This role is ideal for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic growth environment with experience in launching and growing life science/biopharma businesses in terms of customer acquisition and retention. We are looking for a marketer who is customer-oriented, commercially-minded and able to work cross-functionally to develop long-range marketing plans and deploy agile execution. Key responsibilities are:
About you Education, Training & Qualifications - Essential
- Strategic Planning
- Customer Insights and Market Trends:Identify, document and communicate customer challenges, wants, needs, priorities and values to inform product offering and customer acquisition/retention/ messaging strategies versus the competition.
- Go to Market Strategy:Develop a global marketing strategy for existing and new products (repositioning products in specific market segments or geographies if required) which maximises the business opportunity for Abcam in the short, mid and long term; work with Product and Sales leaders to formulate and agree annual revenue targets associated to your product category or customer segment.
- Innovation/New Product Introduction: Create and execute new product introduction plans. Create the value propositions for innovations and new product introductions and validate them with key customers. Create sales collateral and deliver product value and positioning training for the sales team.
- Marketing (Launch) Plan Execution
- Work with internal marketing production teams or agencies to design and execute inspiring marketing campaigns that create customer value, revenue and growth for your product portfolio or customer segment focus
- Test marketing concepts with target customer groups as necessary
- Work closely with the cross-functional channel stakeholders to create and manage a calendar of marketing activities such as local advertising, promotions, webinars, conferences and thought-leader contributions that support and complement the marketing campaign;
- Track and report the success of marketing campaigns using agreed KPI's; track overall revenue attainment for your product or segment focus and amend plans as necessary to achieve revenue goals
- Participate in quality reviews/customer complaints for your products and help to drive CAPA measures to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Adhere to marketing budgets and brand guidelines
- Sales Support
- Provide a set of sales tools which help global sales teams to position and sell your product portfolio or to your segment focus;
- Train the sales teams in how to use the sales tools, as appropriate;
- Accompany sales personnel to visit customers on a regular basis;
- Provide competitor information, with comprehensive sale arguments and tools to counter the competition;
- Consistently champion your product portfolio or segment focus with the sales teams;
- Support Sales by speaking to customers as requested.
Experience - work, research, voluntary, other - Essential
- Minimum BSc in biological sciences discipline; MSc/PhD preferred;
- MBA or Marketing Qualification is a plus
Specific skills & abilities - Essential
- Previous marketing experience,ideally within a Life Sciences company;
- Demonstrable experience in development and execution of strategic and tactical marketing plans;
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 20%;
- Commercially driven marketer and structured thinker
- Strong customer and customer insight focus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent organisational/time-management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and expectations;
- Comfortable communicating with cross functional teams;
- Proficient with data / data-driven
- Adaptable and personable with a team player attitude.
- Consistently delivers and follows through at pace.
- Ability to synthesis information quickly and playback clearly.
- Takes a hands-on approach, when needed.
- Results oriented.
- A fast learner.
- Open and transparent.
- Enjoys helping and coaching others.
- Solution oriented.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers' success and their research needs. It's our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you'll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development Inclusion
Abcam is committed to welcoming applications from all suitable candidates and actively encourages inclusion and diversity in its workforce Location
Cambridge, UK or Boston, US would be preferable.