EXCELLENT NEW role for global Harrogate company. Reporting into the Vice President of Marketing, EMEA, the Commercial Analyst serves as the analytical backbone for the EMEA Marketing Team. This role will support the business analytic needs and category-specific special projects. The role provides analysis and actionable insight to facilitate improved commercial planning; addressing shopper, category, retailer and market needs.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the EMEA Marketing Team, identify mission critical business analytical needs, execute analytics, and report findings to the team
- Provide financially driven category and customer focused sell-in and sell-out data analysis to better understand product lifecycles.
- Provide Product team with clear recommendations based on data from various sources (brand, partner, wholesale, GFK, retail and strategic insight) to facilitate improved commercial range planning, addressing consumer, category, retailer, distributor and market needs.
- Through a Category lens, provide Product & Brand teams with monthly analysis of sales, order book and margin versus budget/last year to understand the extent to which different categories are contributing to active sales and profit. Understand the reasons for success and measure against short term targets and recommend corrective action for medium term planning.
- Oversee the development and integration of partner wholesale & retail reporting to give greater understanding of range performance at a market/channel level. This will help create a more robust data set to inform the commercial range planning process in terms of market, category and channel needs.
- Structure, analyse and build financial models to support key commercial decisions
- Provide competitive analysis and insight of top performing categories
- Evaluate overall effectiveness of marketing programs and develop recommendations for optimization
- Analyze sales performance against activity plans at a brand/ Category / SKU level
- Help build "learning loops" and quick reviews to drive a more aggressive growth trajectory, learning from previous experience - good and bad.
- Provide financial/analytical support to the Product Managers in the NPD process. Collate relevant data to support the business case and help improve the speed and quality of decision making.
- Work with finance to set the standard for business analysis and reporting - focusing on true actionable insight.
- Support EMEA Marketing Team build effective country brand plans, grounded in effective commercial return
- Contribute to building an EMEA regional marketing plan that ties into Global brand strategy
- Assist with creating marketing decks and communications to inform buyers, sales partners, leadership of regional marketing plan
Qualifications / Required Education and Experience:
- Relevant degree - maths, engineering, computer science, statistics, economics
- 3-5 years' work experience, preferably in marketing, business analytics, or an area that works closely with Sales/Marketing
- Experience working across multiple geographies with currencies
- Experience handling complex business models
- Excellent Excel and good working knowledge of Powerpoint
- Ability to build relationship with cross functional partners
- Strong data analysis skills and real attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (must be able to articulate the insights)
- Commercially aware, in depth understanding of sales and margin models is critical.
- Ability to turn mass data into actionable insight
- Independent, self-starter
- FMCG or consumer-facing industry experience preferred
- Financial aptitude a must, financial background a plus
Sound like the career move for you? Email your CV today!!