JOB ROLE PURPOSE
To support a solution-focussed, innovative financial management function that enables the effective allocation of resources to outcomes to ensure value for money for the public purse.
To assist in the provision of professional and evidence-based management information to support the long-term sustainability of the Council and its trusted partners.
To work within a commercial ethos to enable the identification of commercial opportunity across the organisation.
To be a proactive member of a customer focussed team that supports the achievement of the Council and its partners' long term vision.
1. Represent the Finance Business Partners as and when required in internal and external scenarios and to display the behaviours and values expected in a positive and professional manner
1. Assist in the provision of proactive, solution-focussed, professional advice and guidance to the business within the realms of the Council's procurement and finance procedure rules
1. Be an effective and proactive team member seeking out development opportunities to support effective succession planning; operating to the expected standard of a high performing, excellent, finance business partnering function
1. Support the achievement of the council's commercial activity in conjunction with the commercial and commissioning team, assisting with support and advice to enable the income generating ideas and projects can be effectively managed within the team
1. Assist in supporting the council's financial sustainability and resilience by providing support for financial modelling and costing
1. Assist in the preparation of information and evidence to demonstrate that taxpayer's money is allocated and spent according to the council's priority outcomes, minimising the overlap and duplication of spend and activity via and outcomes-based budgeting process
1. Be an effective corporate citizen, proactively leading by example and participating in corporate initiatives e.g. volunteering, mental health and wellbeing strategy, Worksmart etc.
1. Assist in the delivery of the council's financial sustainability and resilience by working with the team to provide financial insight and intelligence
* A formal accountancy qualification or equivalent professional knowledge gained through significant experience working as a finance specialist
Knowledge & Skills:
* Able to sustain successful partnership working
* Able to inspire others with a compelling vision of the future, engage others in that future and motivate them to make the required contribution
* Able to be a key Business Management advocate for change and have the personal courage and resilience to cope with ambiguity, uncertainty and pressure.
* Able to think and act across and outside organisational boundaries
* Able to drive change
* Excellent customer service skills
* Experienced in a relevant role in a financial setting