Salary: £30-£40k doe
Are you a consummate finance professional with at least 3 year's experience with management accounts?
Do you have extensive experience working with Sage Accounts bridging with an ERP system?
Then this could be the job for you!
Reporting directly to the MD of this growing company you will be an experienced Finance Manager happy to work in a standalone role.
As the outgoing Finance Manager has been with the business a longtime much of the processes and procedures are there and well established, however, a good deal of modernisation can be done and it's certainly something a new Finance Manager could put their stamp on and take to the next level.
The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for management accounts, VAT returns, credit control, invoicing, payment chasing, recording payments, buying/selling currency, invoice finance, maintaining the asset register and dealing with accounts queries.
To fulfil these requirements, you will be an experienced finance professional, who displays a positive "can do" attitude and a meticulous eye to detail. You must be organised, prioritising tasks to meet deadlines and legislative requirements, as well as completely trustworthy, handling sensitive financial information on a daily basis.
* Proven background in financial management.
* Minimum of three years' experience with management accounts.
* AAT Level 3 or Level 4 Qualification, or an equivalent.
* In depth experience with Sage Accounts and an ERP system, ideally holding related training qualifications.
* Extensive experience in analysing data, trends and preparing detailed financial reports.
* Excellent communicator, to both those holding a sound financial understanding and those without.
* Pro-active self-starter who will take clear ownership of their departmental activity and develop it to the next level to align with business growth.
* The ability to prioritise and manage your own workload to fulfil all deadlines and legislative requirements.
* Experience with invoice financing.
* Understanding of exchange rates and buying/selling currency.
* Monitor and manage all areas of company financial arrangements, including closing out month end and year end accounts, liaising with the company accountants.
* Produce monthly management reports showing all expenditure and income.
* Budget and cashflow forecasting.
* Ensure all HMRC filings and payment deadlines are met.
* Maintain the fixed asset register and reports.
* Oversee exchange rates and buying/selling of currency.
* A system administrator and technical expert for Sage Accounts and the ERP system, ensuring all bridging between the two works efficiently.
* Liaise with the HR Manager following completion of payroll, for you to complete the statutory returns and any required journal entries. You manage the bridge between Sage Payroll and Sage Accounts and the nominal codes.
* Manage the Finance mailbox.
* Supplier payments.
* Credit control and debtor payment chasing.
* Customer credit account applications and managing customer credit limits.
* Management of the invoice discount system including banking reporting.
* Invoice financing.
* Administer day to day book-keeping using Sage Accounts, complete bank reconciliations, VAT returns including EU reporting, and any other records necessary to ensure a full financial record of the company's finances.
* Calculating staff expenses and reporting them to the HR Manager for processing within payroll.
* Liaise with third parties and the bank on day to day issues and queries.
* Financial filing duties, dealing with general enquiries coming into the Finance mailbox or over the telephone and ad-hoc financial duties as required by the Board of Directors.
This is an urgent role and interviews are likely to take place W/c 14th September