Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer (Aerospace) - Fixed term contract for 6 months with potential to become permanent.
Héroux-Devtek is an international company specialising in the design, development, manufacture, integration, testing and repair and overhaul of landing gear and actuation systems and components for the Aerospace market. Founded in 1942, the business has a rich history which includes manufacturing the landing gear for the Apollo Lunar Module which landed on the moon's surface in 1969.
Héroux-Devtek's global reputation for quality and reliability exists thanks to the achievements of its employees, and the business truly believes in providing employees with continuous training and professional development, and fosters a strong entrepreneurial culture where each team member has a distinct role to play in the success of the business.What will this role of Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer entail?
As a Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer, you'll enjoy a fully autonomous role where you'll focus on process and product improvement in line with AS9100/AS9110 and EASA Part 21/145 within the Quality Team. This is a newly created role within the company where you'll assist the Quality Assurance Manager in improving the manufacturing processes and be the go-to expert for championing continuous improvement. Your duties will include, although not be limited to:
What will I need to be considered for this Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer vacancy?
- Developing and managing team projects based on annual objectives
- Leading and managing program specific projects to mitigate risk and reduce inefficiencies within quality and potential non-conformances
- Ensuring compliance with standards from regulatory authorities
- Promoting improving quality standards by leading continuous improvement initiatives
- Ensuring product conformity
- Supporting the Quality Assurance Manager to ensure disciplined quality systems are applied
What will I receive in return?
- Proven experience as a Quality / Continuous Improvement Engineer gained within the Aerospace industry
- Familiarity and working knowledge of EASA Part 21G, 145, AS9100/AS9110
- Experience of RCCA, 8D and 5Y analysis
- Strong mechanical / technical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literate
As a Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer, you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (pro rata), company pension scheme, and salary sacrifice healthcare scheme.
You'll be employed on a fixed term contract for 6 months (with potential to become permanent for the right candidate), working 37 hours per week within Monday to Friday.Location:
Runcorn (Cheshire)All applications for this Quality and Continuous Improvement Engineer (Aerospace) vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.