In Scope of IR35
Our client is looking to recruit an Asset Protection Engineer to work on the asset protection portfolio of projects. Responsibilities and tasks to include;
- Lead compliance with Network Rail engineering driven safety requirements and provide technical advice, conditions and approvals consistent with Network Rail policies and standards on allocated schemes. Identify opportunities for shared value. Prioritise risk and provide assurance of robust engineering management for allocated outside and third-party schemes.
- Manage the mitigation of engineering and safety risk to the railway associated with proposed and real time outside and third-party activities. Provide technical advice in respect of all engineering design, safe by design, technical specification and construction activities for safe delivery, including testing and commissioning and site supervision.
- Apply the concept of Requirements Engineering on applicable schemes, liaising with internal stakeholders and providing advice to the Project Interface lead.
- Assess and review all outside and third-party schemes for compliance with current legislation, including Construction Design Management (CDM) Regulations. Review engineering design and/or construction proposals and activities.
- Monitor assess and review all outside and third-party schemes for compliance with Network Rail standards, procedures and requirements, route specifications, systems and procedures to deliver a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities. Manage the engineering approvals and consents required for the design and implementation of projects
- Facilitate outside and third-party scheme change, with analysis of risks and contingency within the specific project life cycle based on engineering detail, to enable project authorisation.
- Manage relevant engineering activities so that schemes support programme requirements for outside and third-party customers in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality to deliver the safety and integrity of railway operations and infrastructure.
- Apply relevant techniques and procedures of quantitative and qualitative risk assessment and hazard identification and analysis techniques to allocated schemes.
- Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
- Undertake technical reviews of clearance proposals for the route, external planning applications and land use changes by external parties whilst safeguarding Network Rail's infrastructure and operational requirements.
- Undertake reviews of external party applications for discharge of planning conditions and manage the review of engineering consents to works on ex-railway land, subject to restrictive Covenants in benefit of Network Rail.
- Monitor internal and external design / specialist consultants and contractors for outside and third-party schemes in respect of competence of contractor's design, construction and specialist workforce.
Essential experience will include:
- Project Engineering
- DPE (ideal)
- Highway experience
- Degree qualified
For more information please contact Tim Jordan
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90617346