As a Vessel Manager you are the 'front line' operator heading the Ship Management Team for our client. Vessel Managers are fully supported in their role by a Technical Services group in the Gas Fleet. As a Vessel Manager you will have full responsibility and accountability for the success of the operations and people on board their vessels. The measure of our success will be achieving All KPI's on a consistent basis, meeting the BU expectations.THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT
- A desire to drive continuous improvement in self and others.
- Analytical, problem solving, time management, project management and decision-making skills.
- Ability to respond positively to customers in an effective manner.
- Demonstrates teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Suitably Experienced Engineering or Deck background.
- Knowledge of technical operations for the vessel types managed.
- Knowledge of propulsion plant on-board vessels managed.
- Knowledge of cargo containment system, cargo handling equipment and systems on board vessels managed.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE ON OFFER
- Treat health, safety and environment as top priority.
- Ensure vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner, ensuring compliance with Class and Statutory and Company regulations.
- Provide day to day Technical and Operational support and guidance to assigned vessels.
- Monitor vessel performance and ensure follow up action. Carry out regular risk reviews for vessel operations and ensure appropriate actions are taken.
- Management of vessel budgets and operating expenditure.
- Plan, monitor and manage dry-dockings and major scheduled and unscheduled repairs.
- Set clear goals and expectations and coach and develop Masters, Chief Engineers in line with Competence and Performance Management objectives. Participate in interviews and make recommendations regarding new-hires and promotions.
- Act as the main contact for commercial and voyage coordination for assigned vessels.
- Any other vessel related matter as directed by line manager or Fleet Director.
- Carry out regular vessel visits to confirm condition and compliance with Company Operating Standards and provide Senior Management with Vessel Condition reports.
- Where applicable act as Line Manager for a Fleet Support Officer ensuring that annual goal setting is achieved and that productive mid and end of year appraisals are undertaken as required. Provide coaching and mentoring in assigned line management role where appropriate seeking support where necessary.
- Ensure that through regular ship visits, engagement with ship senior staff, utilisation of the company's Maintenance Management System and service bulletins, all ship borne equipment is always maintained to the highest levels, including fabric maintenance of the vessels under your remit.
- Drive Vetting Compliance onboard your vessels. Working with Marine Assurance Group and Senior Ship Staff, ensure vessels are always prepared and ready for vetting inspections. Ensure timely and accurate closure of any vetting findings thus maintaining vessel Vetting status.
- Working with Ship Staff, Fleet Support Officers, Strategic Development and Business Analysts ensure that all legislative requirements and yearly maintenance are captured in the budget process, such that all budgetary timelines are met for both internal stakeholders and external customers, where applicable attend annual OPEX Budget meetings with customers.
- Where appropriate and in accordance with individual customer requirements and at the direction of the Fleet Director represent the company at required Annual Performance Meetings, Customer Interface Meetings, JV Partnership Meetings and industry and specific project forums.
Competitive Salary and benefits package.