Our client is an award winning packaging company that have been producing high quality control packaging systems for over 20 years, who due to rapid growth are now seeking to appoint a Maintenance Engineer to work on the evening shift.
As a Maintenance Engineer you will mainly be responsible for ensuring all equipment and facilities operate to specification or work as intended.
- Promptly attending and resolving breakdowns during assigned shift, returning equipment quickly to a serviceable level to meet production, quality, cost and delivery targets.
- Working with the Facilities Manager to setup preventative and routine maintenance plans and other documentation for all equipment, buildings and facilities.
- Maintaining equipment in a high-volume, high pressure production environment
- Mentor production staff in the performance of first line maintenance activities, periodically review staff, highlight deficiencies and retrain.
If you are an experienced Maintenance Engineer and have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role within a production facility you should have the following requirements;
- Qualified to B-Tec HNC, HND level in an electrical and mechanical engineering subject.
- Can read and understand electrical, pneumatic and mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Working knowledge of electrical single or 3 phase system.
- Can fault find on electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems to component
- Competent in plumbing and pipe fitting
Our client prides itself on staff loyalty and has been recognised for offering a competitive benefits package;
- Competitive basic salary
- Health care
- Pension contribution
- 25 days holiday
- Generous pension contribution
Oxford, Long Crendon, Thame, Chilton, Aylesbury, Great Milton, Cowley, Blackbird Leys, Headington, Chalgrove, Chinnor, Princes Risborough, Bicester
If you feel this role is for you and would like discuss in more detail please contact Dylan Lallier on (phone number removed) or email
Planet Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Planet Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Planet Recruitment. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information.
Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted after application, if you do not hear back from us within 7 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the position