BPDTS. Digital People.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Manchester
These are extraordinary times. Here at BPDTS Ltd we're working hard with DWP to deliver the new systems and services that people across the country needs. It's never been more important for us to find great people to join our team.
Our people are our biggest asset. We harness and develop their expertise so we can design, build and run secure and intuitive digital services used by 20 million UK citizens, often during critical times in their lives.
We work across one of the largest and most complex IT estates in Europe where we take on unique challenges using cutting-edge design, data and technologies and experiment, iterate and innovate as part of multi-disciplinary agile teams.What skills are we looking for?
Where will you work?
- Extensive experience working with, distributed version control systems such as Git, open source technologies particularly Java developing on cloud based environments, SQL and no-SQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB, and Spring Boot 2.
- Experience implementing and governing Software Engineering best practices and governing
- Experience of using a modern standards approach, including leading Software Engineers in test-driven development alongside the use of automated test frameworks.
- Experience developing software within a Micro-Service architecture and an understanding of appropriate utilisation. Plus building public-facing and internal REST.
- Experience and knowledge of API standards.
- You can define approaches to understanding users' stories and guides others in doing so.
- Experience working with a technical architect to specify the architecture and technical approach for the product.
- Experience of leading multiple Software Engineer teams in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and working alongside multiple senior Stakeholders. Includes co-ordinating build activities across systems and integration testing.
- You are able to identify and implement opportunities to optimise the software development process.
BPDTS Ltd provides dedicated services to the Department for Work and Pensions. Our digital, data and technology specialists work closely with experts in DWP Digital's community to make digital services quicker, simpler and more efficient for the millions of people that use them.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hub in Manchester. Find out more about working in our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, gender, race or sexuality.What is our offer?
- We'll reward you with a very competitive salary of up to £71,561
- You will be eligible for an Aviva Master Trust pension with employer contributions of up to 10%
- We can offer you a performance-related annual bonus and in-year reward ad recognition
- We'll help you balance your life and work with flexible working and family friendly policies
- We'll give you a generous leave allowance starting and 25 days and rising to 30, with the option to buy and sell extra days each year.
- We'll help you work as you learn with access to coaching, training, structured development and career progression opportunities, as part of a dedicated community of practice.
We also offer much more as part of a flexible benefits package - including a cycle to work scheme, employee discounts, income protection, life assurance and lots more - which can be tailored to your lifestyle.Hit APPLY for more information and to continue your application on our careers page. There you will also find candidate pack with more information, which you can download by clicking the 'Candidate Information Pack' button.If you have any questions or you want to discuss this opportunity please contact me via