My client is looking to recruit an Infrastructure Engineer who is experienced with 2nd/3rd Line Support, to provide continuous maintenance and upkeep of numerous networks and systems across the UK. In addition, you must hold a current valid SC clearance.
This role has been deemed inside ir35.The Role:
Skills and Experience:
- You are required to support the development, maintenance and enhancement of technical capabilities.
- You will play a pivotal part in the building of new services on multiple platforms, maintaining core functionality and providing technical guidance for colleagues across the organisation.
- Gather, record and document customer requirements, for remote applications and define detailed requirements including usage, and feature specifications.
- You will be responsible for managing software defects, ensuring they are tracked, investigated and corrected whether found within internal or third-party software.
- Work closely with service support, infrastructure teams and non-technical end users.
- Identify issues which will involve other teams, facilitate and support fault resolution and project handover.
- You will have excellent knowledge and commercial experience of Cisco network infrastructure (support, maintenance and upgrades).
- Supporting, maintaining and upgrading of Windows and network infrastructure.
- Microsoft MSCP.
- Provide 2nd/3rd line technical support.
- Oracle database administration.
- A strong commercial understanding of network principles.
- You MUST hold a current valid SC clearance.
Please apply online with your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90679509