Safety Case Manager - Chemicals / Waste to Energy / Recycling - Dorset, UK - Permanent position with holidays, pension, bonus, and additional benefits
A waste management leader is at a critical development point in their operational and programme excellence on a key nuclear site on the South Coast. As the Safety Case Manager, you will be a single contributor at a senior level, reporting into one of the board director's as well as the director for the site, whilst working closely with other departmental managers.
Taking an innovative approach towards leadership and influence, this role will support the safety case management on the nuclear site for all waste management, advising SHEQ Managers and Ops Managers are safety issues, compliance and quality.
What will you be doing?
* This position is broken down into 3 main areas:
o Case management - completing the operational execution and case calculations;
o Onsite specialist relating to all nuclear and radiological safety;
o Process Management - working with local and national governmental agencies
* Working with SHEQ Manager, SHEQ Director and Site manager on strategy
* Managing SSOW and reviewing the usage whilst developing new systems and processes
* Developing Land Quality Management Arrangements and Long Term Environmental Safety documents required for the EPR permit
* Dealing with internal and external stakeholders on all safety case matters
* Leading investigations with unusual occurrences
* Working with the project and operations teams on safety documents: radiological risk assessments, method statements, work instructions and general risk assessments
What is required from you
* Strong working knowledge of safety case management - calculations included
* Strong working knowledge of the nuclear industry
* Higher levels of education in engineering
What would be added value?
* Experience working with local and national governmental agencies
* Experience working with waste management in the nuclear industry
* Team management experience - this will be ideal for future positions as the business progresses your career
Safety, safety case management, safety advice, SHEQ, HSEQ, HSE, health and safety, health & safety, nuclear, top tier COMAH sites, environmental agency, waste recycling
Fircroft and their clients do not discriminate against any applicant; but given the complexity and challenges faced within this position and industry, it is critical you are trained and qualified in this area and also are already working within the UK markets. International applicants will not be accepted for this position.
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application