We have a fantastic opportunity available for an Occupational Therapist for Derbyshire Council (Chesterfield). You will be required to work at a busy Local Authority with the Aids and Adaption Services. This is a contracted post for initially 3 months working 9am to 5pm.
* Provide appropriate services for disabled child and adults. This will include visiting or advising on the need for occupational therapy services and assessing individual's needs in relation to their full participation in the community.
* Make recommendations on of furthering the client's independence, including any necessary domestic adaptations and the issue of personal aids.
* Maintain good relationships with other staff and agencies in order to ensure the provision of a high standard and co-ordinated service delivery to disabled service users and their carers
* Provide a support service for service users across the Department in consultation with Service Managers and heads of establishments.
* Provide professional support and advice to colleague Occupational Therapists and other staff both within area offices and other outlets of the Department.
* Keep up to date with the current developments in Occupational Therapy and other relevant issues and to ensure that area colleagues are informed.
* Assist in evaluating the effectiveness of service and endeavouring to ensure that they are known, and appropriate to all sections of the community
Requirement: Previous experience of Disabled Facilities Grant work and DFG/Major adaptation experience required
Location: Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Hourly rate: £23.79
If you are interested in this post and have the relevant experience, please contact Jake Singh today at Belmont Recruitment or apply today