Strive for progress not perfection."
Do you have a passion for working with children?
Have you got experience working in a primary school?
Are you keen to join a driven and enthusiastic team?
I'm looking for a 1-2-1 teaching assistant to support a primary school in Crawley, so if this role interests you then please keep reading!
Randstad currently works in partnership with most primary schools in the Crawley area, supporting them with their day-to-day, longer term and permanent cover. This means that through working with Randstad you will have access to roles in the area that are exclusive to us. Each school in the area is unique, ranging from half form to four form, infant schools to junior schools, village schools to academies. Every school is different and we will support you to find your perfect fit!
This school intends to ensure that the children who attend are happy, love learning and make fantastic progress in their school life. They understand that each child is unique and they aim to provide an exciting curriculum to engage, enthuse and motivate the children. They are a forest school with a dedicated woodland area within their grounds which allows the children to play, learn about the environment, use their initiative to problem solve and learn how to handle risks.
The role is to work 1-2-1 with a child in Year 4 who has oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) which means they can be confrontational, hostile and defiant towards staff. The role will be on a long term and full time basis and starts immediately for the right candidate.
Interested in this role?
Benefits of working with Randstad:
* Support to edit and improve your CV
* A dedicated consultant focused on finding the right roles for you
* Online diary
* DBS and school application support
* Refer a friend scheme
* Free career advice
* App-based booking system
* Exclusive roles
Benefits of the role:
* Competitive pay
* Free CPD
* Weekly pay
* A supportive leadership team
* Working on a 1-2-1 basis with a year 4 child
* Supporting the teacher to set up and deliver effective lessons
* Supporting the child to access the lessons and provide intervention support where needed
Please note that candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role will not be considered.
* Experience working in a primary school
* Experience working with ODD
* 2 references for the last 5 years (1 must be a full child-based safeguarding reference)
* Knowledge of the KS2 curriculum
* Experience working with children who have special educational needs
* An up-to-date DBS on the update service
* A job history for the last 10 years
We are due to interview for this role soon so if you would like to be considered then please send us your application today:
All potential candidates will be subject to background checks and must be able to work in the UK.
So if this sounds like the role for you then don't wait, apply today before it's too late