Are you an energetic, flexible and committed individual wanting to support children within a mainstream primary school? Do you have a passion for helping children to reach their full potential? Then we want to hear from you!
We currently require a highly motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistant to provide 1:1 support for a child with additional learning needs in a Y1 class within a two form entry mainstream primary school in Knowsley.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
* A dedicated, professional and friendly consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
* Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
* Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training, including safeguarding
* Access to a 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
* Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing your own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term'
* Working 1:1 with a child with social and emotional needs in Y1.
* Supporting other children in completing day to day tasks around the classroom and with their learning
* Engaging with the children
* Promoting positive behaviour
* Making observations in line with the KS1 curriculum
* Supporting the teacher with behaviour management
As a successful teaching assistant you will have;
* Experience of working with SEN children in primary school
* Experience of supporting a class teacher to promote positive behaviour, ideally holding the Team teach qualification
* Some knowledge of the KS1 primary curriculum
* The ability to communicate and work as part of a team within the school
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN. We now also have a dedicated section looking after School Support roles such as Technicians, Administration and Finance.
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Anne Williams, via email at (url removed) or telephone (phone number removed)