One of our local authority clients are currently recruiting for an EHC Coordinator. This is a temporary contract for 4 months with possible further extension based on budget and performance.
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
* To be responsible for the effective and efficient initiation, assessment of children with Special Educational Needs, ensuring that procedures and timescales are fully compliant with both statutory and locally derived procedures.
* To deliver a comprehensive service for young people undergoing Statutory Assessment of their Special Educational Needs.
* To provide effective management of the delivery of a comprehensive service to young people undergoing statutory assessment or with statements of special educational needs.
* To oversee and be solely responsible for the writing of statements or Education Health Care Plans (EHCP's) of SEN.
* To be the responsible Named LA Officer for statutory assessment cases, to who parents, carers, schools and other professionals should contact for information throughout the assessment process within set national and local guidelines.
* To direct, oversee and be responsible for ensuring reliable and accurate systems are in place for the monitoring of Best Value Performance Indicators relation to the statutory assessment processes. Responsible for producing the source data, for the calculation and compilation of the indicator in accordance with the agreed definition using the agreed systems, and for the maintenance of appropriate records to support audit.
* To ensure that the Authority meets statutory timescale requirements in regard to EHCP's.
Duties and Responsibilities
* To be responsible for the administering of SEN procedures relating to those pupils with EHCP's.
* To be an integral part of the operational decision-making process relating to assessment, EHCP's and allocation procedures. Including responsibility for decisions made at the LA's SEN Panel.
* To represent SEN at the Vulnerable Pupils Monitoring Group (VPMG) and Joint Commissioning Panel (JCP) and be responsible for any decisions made and their execution.
* To oversee and ensure that the assessment of individual children and young people are fully consistent with the statutory procedures, LA's policies, and timescales. This may be based on specific local as well as national statutory procedures.
* To make key decisions relating to the assessment of individual children, including:
* The content of any EHCP ensuring that these issue an appropriate type or named school where the special educational provision set out in them.
* Amendments to the proposed plan following any representations made by parents.
* To ensure that parents, educational psychologists, headteachers and others, as appropriate, are fully consulted in the assessment of an individual child and that they are kept fully informed as to the reasons for the decisions made by the LA.
* As the responsible named LA officer for all cases during the assessment process you must ensure that advice and support to parents, carers, schools and other professionals in line with LA's policies and procedures is provided. Encouraging parents to participate in all stages of this process, through meetings and other contact.
* To meet with parents and others, if appropriate, in order to consider any matter relating to the child's assessment processes and resolve any affecting issues. This includes attending relevant meetings at schools and with other services.
* To chair any formal meetings as appropriate relating to the child's assessment and that take place with parents or others.
* To ensure continued schools liaison: - collecting, monitoring and acting on schools/SENCOs concerns and suggestions around communications, assessment decisions and timescales.
* To ensure continued parent liaison: - gathering, monitoring and acting on parents' views on the service they receive.
* To ensure through external liaison that development and on-going co-ordination of procedures/practices with the Health Authority, Social Care, the Careers Services and others.
* To ensure through internal liaison that development work and ongoing co-ordination of procedures/practices with the LA support services.
* To be responsible for liaising with education, health and social services and other agencies orally and in writing using standard and nonstandard letters.
The above is a brief overview of the role, details and specification will be provided should you be successful. If interested in this position, please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd