Our client is actively recruiting for a Commercial Underwriter based in Leatherhead to join their well-established team. .
* Contribute towards the Companies aim of becoming a leading specialist underwriting agency in its chosen specialisms.
* Use industry knowledge and experience, and to work with brokers, insurers, and staff, to deliver appropriate and competitive insurance terms, conditions, and service levels.
* Utilising relevant insurance products, underwriting systems guidelines to deliver insurer and Company requirements
* Providing appropriate management information as required
* Contributing to team activity in line with service level standards, business plans and budgets
* Liaising with brokers and insurers in terms of coverage and pricing as required
* Dealing with New Business, Renewal and MTA's in line with agreed underwriting guidelines
* Adhere to compliance and regulatory procedures
* Build relationships with colleagues and external brokers and insurers
* Commercial Underwriting experience either with an insurer or insurance intermediary
* Willingness to undertake CII qualifications if not already gained
* Understand and implement 'best practice' in client service, compliance systems and processes, and financial management
* Appropriate knowledge of all classes of business and products offering cross-selling opportunities
* Willingness to contribute towards growth and success
* Team player, able to share product / industry knowledge
* To manage workloads in line with agreed Service Levels
Basic salary £25,000 - £35,000
Based in Leatherhead
9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Encouraged to study for professional exams in Insurance
Excellent opportunities to progress into Senior / Technical / Specialist roles
Apply in the strictest of confidence to Optima Recruitment, based in Leatherhead, Surrey.
Specialists in Permanent & Temporary Recruitment, including; Administration, Secretarial & PA, Accounts & Finance, Graduate Opportunities, Human Resources, Recruitment Consultancy, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service and Legal.
Due to the high level of applications that we are receiving, we can only respond to successful candidates