The Senior Tax Manager has overall responsibility for managing tax value and tax risks at the level of UK companies (operating & holding companies) and their overseas branches. This includes relevant tax planning and compliance matters as well as close cooperation with the business locally and the Group worldwide as well as oversight of the Asahi export businesses in EMEA & Americas & Asia.
Your Primary Responsibilities as Senior Tax Manager will include;
* Final review, sign-off and submission of all statutory tax reports timely prepared and submitted to relevant tax body covering all taxes (Corporate Income Tax, VAT, Excise, Withholding Tax etc). Preparation of such returns may be undertaken by FSSC, UK Tax Compliance Manager or consultants, but a final review is always required by this role.
* Providing the Deferred Tax position, being familiar with Deferred Tax accounting.
* Review of UK controlled foreign company position on an annual basis to support the filing position, including preparation of necessary apportionment calculations.
* Contribute to the year- end tax notes for the annual reports.
* Primary contact person for dealing with tax auditors and for providing explanations and written responses to audit issues raised.
* Establishes tax audit strategy in conjunction with Group Tax, ensures adequate resourcing, including needs for external advisory support.
* Works with Financial Control & FSSC to ensure that financial information and analysis are provided in a timely manner in order to respond to audit questions.
* Meets with the relevant Tax Authorities on a regular basis and responds timely to all tax questions and enquires.
* Works with Finance Director in building and maintaining the relationship with Tax authorities and contributing to Asahi's Licence to Trade capability improvement.
* Lobbying on tax activities in accordance with Asahi / AEI Tax strategies, company strategy and Corporate Affairs policy.
* Focused on identifying opportunities for tax saving in the company and developing practical commercial solutions to implement.
* Promotes in-country efficiency and value creation initiatives and implements.
* Regularly meets with local advisers to understand latest efficiency and planning ideas in market as well as coming changes to the legislation that may have an impact on the business going forward.
* Continuously monitors and manages tax risks of the company.
* Prepares tax strategies supporting business objectives aimed to minimize tax burden.
* Management of UK tax team