Wolf Healthcare is looking to recruit Registered General Nurses for their clients Care Home which provides nursing care and care for frail elderly residents, some with dementia and challenging behaviour; we aim to offer a friendly, safe and secure environment.
We are looking for Nurses to provide nursing care to residents in accordance with their assessed needs. We are looking for staff that can;
? Maintain skills and keep up to date with clinical developments and best practice in areas relevant to care delivery in the home.
? Undertaken training appropriate to the roll, as agreed with the Home Manager, and ensure learning is shared and transferred into practice.
? Review the daily delivery of care, including pressure area prevention, nutrition and infection prevention and control procedures. Ensure high standards of care delivery are maintained.
? To be responsible for the safe and appropriate management, administration and recording of medication, including controlled drugs and oxygen, in accordance with NMC requirements.
? Act at all times within your own skills and competence in accordance with the NMC code of practice.
1. Qualified as a Registered Nurse (RN)
2. Current registration with the NMC
3. Evidence to support a programme of personal and professional development.
4. Evidence to demonstrate that has recent experience of caring elderly patients/residents.
1. Previously worked with older people in a care home, practice nursing, district nursing community setting.
2. Experience of working with people with Dementia.
3. Experience and understanding of person centred care.
4. Ability to assess, plan and evaluate resident care and act accordingly if untoward changes occur.
5. Knowledge of medication rounds and the safe administration of medicines.
6. Practical experience of providing high quality care and exceeding expectations.
7. Demonstrates recent and relevant clinical updating
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90682760