- Implementation of Regulatory Compliance Risk Assessment (RCRA) model to determine the inherent regulatory compliance risk and the residual risk of the legislation, regulations and guidelines as documented in the Regulatory Library
- Execute the broad First Line Operational Risk mandate for Capital
- Responsible for the design of 1LOD Monitoring & Testing (M&T) to assess the effectiveness of the regulatory compliance risk controls and mitigants in place.
- Upon the identification of a compliance issue during either RCRA or M&T activities, the BUCO is responsible for Compliance Issue Management (CIM)
- Minimum ten years of experience in financial services industry, with a strong understanding of key functions in a banking environment, i.e. Front Office, Operations, Risk and Compliance.
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory and compliance requirements applicable to the activities undertaken by Global Markets in London.
- Strong awareness of the control environment to manage and mitigate regulatory compliance risks.
- Understanding of key end-to-end processes related to relevant Capital Markets businesses (e.g. execution of a trade, pre-trade checks), upstream and downstream systems, and corporate support areas (e.g. middle and back office operations, risk, finance).
- Proficiency and knowledge of Operational Risk utilizing knowledge of Capital Markets businesses, recognizing existing controls and investigating opportunities to advance the control environment while instituting efficiencies