My Client, a Major Construction Company are seeking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a 6 month contract. Working as part of their Finance team you will be using the COINS payment system so previous ecperience of using this would be ideal.
Your main duties are to provide a professional and efficient service to the finance function, paying attention to detail and accuracy are paramount. You will be matching, checking and coding a high volume of invoices, building relationships with other team members, the buying team, site personnel & suppliers, whilst ensuring that all relevant Company Group & Sector Specific Procedures and Policies are met, in accordance with the Integrated Business Management System.
* Process for payment purchase ledger invoices and credit notes efficiently & accurately onto our account's software, checking they match the purchase order and have a valid delivery note
* Processing staff expenses inline with our expense policy
* Maintaining strong relationships with the buying team, site personnel and suppliers
* Reconciliation of supplier statements as well as email or phone for credit notes and copy delivery notes
* Set up new suppliers, check insurances are up to date and that labour agencies are fully compliant
* Understand how CIS works and which VAT codes to use, including how to deal with VAT on EU invoices
* Accurately file invoices and delivery notes and general archiving of invoices as required
* Be confident on how to get information from the accounting system to enable you to answer questions about site costs or supplier payments
* Prioritise work load to meet deadlines and assist others in the team so that the team meets the deadline
* Scanning & copying invoices over to sites as and when requested
* Other Ad Hoc duties as requested by your line manager