Active Recruitment are currently working closely with a Mainstream Primary School in Harlow, who are seeking an experienced behaviour Mentor to join them in September 2020 on a temp to perm basis. This fantastic School requires 1:1 support for a number of pupils that have a range of Special Education Needs and learning difficulties such as; Autism, SEMH and ADHD.
You will be providing 1:1 specialist support to pupils in both key stage 1 and 2 who need help overcoming barriers to learning, where behaviour and attendance issues are a cause for concern. You will be reporting the schools SENCO/ Inclusion Lead providing detailed daily feedback and learning progress reports.
Duties and Responsibility:
* To participate in the assessment of all learners entering or returning to school in order to
* identify those who need extra help in overcoming issues relating to attendance, behaviour and following a period of exclusion.
* To work in partnership with all staff in drawing up and implementing an action plan for each learner in need of support
* To work in partnership with all school staff responsible for the learner receiving support and intervention, seeking to reach acceptable outcomes that meet the needs of the learner.
* To develop a 1:1 mentoring relationship with learner receiving support, aimed at achieving the goals defined in their individual action plan.
* To create and maintain effective, immediate intervention strategies for behaviour incidents.
* To work in partnership with the Heads of Learning to develop effective strategies to remove barriers to learning
* Available to commit to a full-time, long-term position
* Previous experience inspiring and motivating pupils who display challenging behaviour
* Secondary aged support experience (not necessarily within a school)
* Calm, patient and caring approach to working with children
* Confident in your approach and able to deliver effective interventions
The successful candidate must have an EnhancedDBS on the Update Service before starting this role