Passion for Mental Health and engaging with young people?
Protocol Education are currently looking for a Learning Support Assistant to be based Leicester. This is a Secondary School aged between 11-16 which specialises in SEMH this role would suite someone either living in the Leicester City with working hours being Monday - Friday 8:30 - 16:00.
Requirements of this role:
• To be the secure person for a designated group of students/form group by supervising and providing support, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities.
• Develop a holistic approach to meeting Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, enabling learners to make good progress by working with teachers, other support staff, families and external agencies.
• Assist with the development and implementation of Individual Education/Behaviour Plans, Risk Assessments, Personal Care and Therapy Care programmes for a designated group/form.
• Establish therapeutic relationships with students and interact with them according to individual needs.
Experience required for this role:
• Experience of working with young people with Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties and/or challenging behaviour.
• An ability to understand the principles of learning process and barriers to learning.
• Working with children for at least 6 months in the last year.
If you are interested in this role then please apply online successful applicants will be connected within 3 working days.
Successful applicants will be subject to reference checks and an up to date DBS