This prestigious private school in Sheffield is seeking a SENCO for a maternity cover role - could be longer than two terms.
The school has a senior and junior site.
You will be the SENCO for years 7 to 11.
The school states:
"We are seeking a dynamic and inspirational SENDCO.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of outstanding teaching and a real passion for learning.
The leadership of the faculty is supported by the Deputy Headteacher (Safeguarding Lead), who works closely with the SENDCO to ensure the school as a whole works collaboratively to meet the diverse needs of all students.
Your main roles and responsibilities would be as follows;
• Lead and manage of the SEND Faculty
• Develop appropriate curriculum provision for students with SEND, including Nurture Group provision and Foundation Learning
• Provide appropriate staff training and support to ensure students with SEND receive high quality teaching and learning
• Communicate and liaise with parent / carers, and other external agencies as appropriate
• Evaluate the effectiveness of SEND provision.
The placement is based at a successful 11-16 private school situated on the edge of Sheffield and close to the Peak District.
It is in an enviable location with views of the surrounding countryside from nearly every room in the school.
The school is highly successful, happy and thriving.
This is a full time, maternity position which is due to commence from October 2019.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
• Teaching qualification /QTS
• Degree in Special Educational Needs/NASENCO qualification
• Experience writing EHC Plans
• Ability to adapt the curriculum, plan and deliver differentiated lessons that are accessible and challenging for all students
• Experience working closely with teaching assistants and specialist staff to plan and assess the impact of support and interventions team."
You will need an enhanced DBS for this position.
Due to the large volume of response we receive you will only be contacted if your skills and experience match what our client is looking for.
As defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Integritas Education is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, and our legal basis for processing your personal data is 'Legitimate Interests'. You have the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website