Special Education Teaching Assistants needed ASAP
We are working with a well established Special Needs school based in St Albans . The school is for children with autism and complex needs.
The school are looking to recruit new support staff ASAP for daily and longterm . Are you free for part time ? Want to the flexibility of daily work ? Want to be considered for long term roles ? Friendly , supportive school.
. Previous experience working with children with varying special educational needs within schools or a specialist environment is preferable but not essential. A passion and willingness to work in this environment is important
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Taking instruction from the teacher
• Working on a 1:1 bases with children who have ASD / Complex speech and language communication
• Assisting with learning and social skills
The ideal candidate will have:
• Experience and knowledge of SEND (special educational needs and disabilities)
• Patience, empathy, resilience and confidence
• Capable of following instructions as well as the ability to use own initiative
To be considered for the position, please apply with an updated version of your CV to (url removed) or call me on (phone number removed)
We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £44.00