A client of Job Shop Recruitment is looking for a Fabricator Welder to work with Steel, you must have experience working with heavy gauge steel and you will need to be able to work from architectural drawings.
Main Job Specific Duties
· Check the manufacturing drawing and Works Instruction for accuracy, quantities, drawing numbers etc.
· Advise of any requirements for materials.
· Cut the correct sized and specified material(s) to length.
· Drill holes as dictated by the drawing.
· Degrease prior to welding.
· Remove any scale from the weld areas.
· Ensure all material(s) is free from damage or corrosion
· Fabricate the assembly with high quality welds.
· Occasionally cut; braise; shape or bend the metal with heat as required.
· Ensure the compliance of company procedures, such as Health and Safety; Environmental; Quality and Legal Compliance for all areas under your direct control.
· Display a proactive, can-do attitude within the organisation, with a culture of right first time and ownership of problems.
· Willingly carry out other duties deemed appropriate by the company.
· Delivery of projects within agreed timescales and budgets.
· Neatness of work, such as flushed weld finish; material(s) surface finish.
· Non-conformance reported failures.
· At least 5 years' experience of MIG welding and fabrication (Required)