Purpose of the Role/Role Overview:
* To exchange gas and electricity meters in customers' homes.
* Provide a first class after-care service which includes a full demonstration to the customer on using their new meter.
* Repairing and maintaining meters after initial install.
General Duties/Key Responsibilities:
* To carry out installs, exchanges and removals as per the relevant method statement (in line with Company and Industry standards).
* To ensure service level agreements (SLA's) are achieved for works allocated.
* Respond to emergency call outs, as business needs dictate (as per rota system in operation).
* To ensure the efficient recording of all works completed or aborted.
* To offer a high standard of customer service to both the client and customer, keeping them informed of works being undertaken and fully demonstrating the meter after completion.
* To risk assess work/working environments before starting any works to avoid damages or injuries.
* To undertake all work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations.
* Report H&S issues encountered in line with company policy.
* A duty of care to ensure any potential risks encountered as a result of your visit are reported in line with industry guidelines, legal requirements & company policy.
* To take accountability for the vehicle & tools/equipment in your possession. This will include a regular stock take of material and regular checks of company van to ensure it is road worthy.
* To record / report any defects of the equipment in your possession.
* To ensure the professional representation of the company is maintained at all times, being clean and well presented in company uniform and being polite and courteous at all times.
* To attend all training and toolbox talks as requested.
Benefits of the role:
* Company pension
* Healthcare Cash Plan (HealthShield)
* New vehicle finance discount scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* 20 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
* Additional holiday purchase scheme