ONYX InSight is a growing technology and engineering organisation in the renewable energy sector. Our advanced sensing, software and machine learning products are deployed on wind turbines around the world. Headquartered in the UK, we have offices in the US, Australia, India and Korea.
In anticipation of continued growth, we are now seeking a Group IT Manager to lead our business systems and infrastructure strategy. You will ensure that our resilience and data security risk management processes are robust, and that our investment in infrastructure and systems is aligned to our growth strategy in key markets around the world.
- Network infrastructure operations, security and resilience
- Optimising file structures to enable global networking
- Risk management, DR and business continuity; Cyber-security process governance/assurance
- Data assurance and management of providers (e.g. Microsoft Azure/O365/ AWS)
- Connectivity and integration of existing locations; establishment and set-up of new locations
- Specification, budget management and procurement
- Performance management and quality assurance for 3rd party MSP relationship
- ERP (Dynamics) and CRM (Salesforce) partner/vendor performance management
- Systems availability and user support service quality
- Effective and secure onboarding and offboarding of users and training/orientation
Group IT Manager | IT | Networks | Nottingham | Renewables | Green | Data Assurance | Data Security | Risk Management | Quality Assurance | Budget Management | ERP | Salesforce | NetFlow | Performance Management | Cyber Security | Analysis
Friendly team environment / Great campus location / Flexible working culture / Employer pension contributions / Medical insurance / Annual bonus scheme / 26 days holiday / Option to buy 5 days additional holiday / Volunteering opportunitiesEssential Skills
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, common networking ports and protocols, traffic flow, system administration and common security elements
- Experience analysing logs, network data (e.g. NetFlow), and other attack artefacts in support of incident investigations
- Performing periodic security assessments for existing environments - this includes but not limited to applications, systems/servers, network infrastructure, database and other technologies and processes
- A flexible and collaborative approach to working with colleagues and stakeholders
- Great problem-solving skills
- Experience of delivering support to a growing global user community
- Solid procurement/budget and partner performance management skills
- Experience in a standalone role working with third party partners
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM software; MS certification
- Cyber security experience, knowledge of vulnerability scanning solutions
ONYX InSight is independently incorporated in 5 locations globally, and wholly owned by the BP organisation. Renewable energy and wind power are in our DNA. We are excited about being part of BP's low carbon and digital transformation and the opportunities this partnership presents for growth and career development for our colleagues. You must have the right to work in the UK, and we actively encourage applications from under-represented groups in the STEM sector.
Please send a 2-page CV and short covering letter outlining the reason for your application. Covering letters are important to us and the most effective ones specifically address some or all of the items in the person specification.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90675170