Do you have a passion for new product development? Are you an experienced and meticulous Electronics Design Engineer? Do you have a proven track record of leading product roadmaps? Are you seeking a business who supports innovative thinking?
Our client is a highly creative designer and manufacturer of electronic and mechanical products sold into a variety of industry sectors. Their diverse product range is sold into numerous industries from construction, manufacturing and the engineering sectors. With a brand-new business premises, featuring a state-of-the-art electronics lab with brand new equipment, the business boasts an on-site gym, kitchen/dining area in their 20,000 square-ft premises. The client is looking for an innovative Micro-Electronic Design Engineer to join an exciting new product design team and assist with the launch of new international award-winning range of products.
Due to my client's working relationship with a Chinese sub-contractor, you will need to have had previous experience of managing suppliers/sub-contractors internationally.
Reporting into the Managing Director, you will be responsible being the go-to design expert within micro-electronics. Your time will be spread across in-house design, quality assurance, project management and overseeing/leading new product development. The role is largely autonomous, and the business allow for creative thinking to grow their diverse range even further.
* The creation and design of an exciting road map of new products
* Working alongside 3D Designers with CAD and in-house prototyping ability, in order to fast-track the developing portfolio of products
* Develop, source and manage the supply chain for new electronic products
* Create and introduce new products to the range, along with new electronic devices
* Inventory control and supply chain stability
* Communication with the Far East is key to encourage relationships with existing and new supply chain
* Build on electronic design schematics alongside existing consultants
* Quality control and testing
* Assist with Marketing opportunities alongside the team
* Key negotiating skills required and the assistance on the importing of components and products
* A Bachelor's Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
* A minimum 4 years' experience within microelectronics design
* A minimum 3 years' experience of new product development (NPD)
* New material knowledge and an awareness of emerging IOT technology is a bonus
* A proven track record of working for and designing within consumer/B2B electronics business