The Enterprise Technical Services group play a critical role in supporting the efforts of Customer Success augmenting the Lead Engineer function to deliver on the promise of a Fanatical Experience and to earn the privilege of being an extension of the customer's team.
The customer base supported by the teams within Enterprise is typically large, often with complex needs and with an extremely high expectation of service. These customers require a consultative approach from their account teams as well as productive partnerships; often these customers represent significant strategic growth opportunities for Rackspace.
The ETS group includes some of the most experienced technical operations staff in the organization who thrive on the challenges that their customers bring. Being committed to a technical career path they require opportunities to adequately exercise, expand and tune their skills.The job of the Enterprise Technical Services manager is to empower the engineers they look after and to ensure ETS delivers on the above.
Being successful in the role requires:· Passionate management and coaching of the Technical Team members within ETS· Effective management of escalations· Building and driving effective measurement systems of/for performance· Creating a work environment and atmosphere that engages and delights both rackers and customers· Creative thinking and consultation on ways to improve our service delivery as support models evolve.· Effective adaptation of working in line with corporate objectives· Adherence to Industry recognized standards· Supporting our technical Rackers in their endeavors to advance their knowledge and skills
- Responsible for the management and direction of the Enterprise Technical Services members.
- Delivery of optimal customer service - Fanatical Experience™
- Working closely with the Customer Success management team to ensure the support delivered by the ETS continue to meet and exceed expectations.
- Ensure that the flow of work into the team, the prioritization and allocation of tasks and projects to team members is effectively managed.
- To support the development, definition and execution of the support model for Hybrid Solutions for strategic accounts
- Ensure that technical and support best practises are shared across the ETS group.
- Continually innovating (people, process, technology) the way we support our customers, and using ETS experiences to influence innovation across the wider Rackspace business
- Technical and customer facing development of all members of the team
- To create and maintain a skills matrix of the team and deliver training plans for individuals
- Carry out regular performance reviews and objectives setting, including regular 1:1 sessions
- Ensuring integration of new team members, including development of Rackspace culture
- Setting team targets and managing/monitoring performance accordingly
- Maintaining a motivated, engaged team
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedure as directed.
- Demonstrable ability to setup, lead and deliver projects
- Demonstrable track record of providing exceptional customer service, Customer relationship management skill
- Drive to succeed, exceptional organizational skills
- Exceptional communications skills, written and interpersonal
- Exceptional people skills, the ability to engage and motivate staff
- Experienced in leading Escalation, Crisis and Major Incident situations across team and communications at all levels
- ITIL Certification preferred
- Limited budget management, cost conscious, business acumen
- Operational Team Leadership experience within a mission critical environment desirable.
- Strong analytical, data and trend analysis and insight reporting skills
- Technical background in appropriate fields and appropriate technical qualifications
- The ability to engage and motivate team members and provide cross functional collaboration across all departments
- Track record of mentoring, coaching and training
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90670682