Development Team Leader, Poole, £45,000
The purpose of this job
As the Development Team Leader you'll play an essential role in leading the software team. Using Agile methodologies, you will provide full life-cycle management of projects, supporting and managing the team to ensure the code they produce is delivered on time and to high standards. You will review and test software components to ensure they are fault free and liaise with the Quality team to investigate any defects before the software is deployed.
Your responsibilities as Development Team leader will include:
* Leading a team of software developers, following Agile best practice principles and procedures to maximise performance to deliver components on time
* Exploring and understanding development techniques to improve the delivery and quality of new and existing products
* Review code produced by developers, ensuring it conforms with appropriate standards and is tested with both manual & automated methods to identify and remove any faults
* Designing and delivering new code components and supporting documents to improve and extend the existing product
* Assisting the Quality and Support teams with investigating issues and work to resolve any defects
* Supporting the progression of team members and hold regular performance reviews
* Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* Be experienced with C# and Microsoft .Net frameworks
* Have experience in using Agile methodologies such as SCRUM or Kanban
* Be a confident leader, with experience in a management capacity
* Be an effective communicator comfortable liaising both up and down the management ladder
* Preferably have knowledge of Jira
Your new employer
A well-established Poole based Software company renowned for supporting a variety of specialist sectors with innovative solutions to achieve their business objectives
Established 40 years ago this business delivers a premium, cost-effective, service nationally.
This trusted and respected, award winning, company are pioneers in their industry and has investment of a global group.
As Development Team Leader, you'll play a leading role within the business and contribute towards the company's continuing growth.
As well as a competitive basic salary, the successful Development Team Leader will benefit from 22 days holiday (+BHs), a great team environment and healthcare scheme, you'll also benefit from a supportive culture investing in your career progression.
If this role is for you
Call Ollie, Rubicon Recruitment's Specialist IT Headhunter, on (phone number removed) for more information about this Development Team Leader vacancy, exclusively advertised through us, or apply to this advert directly