PROCUREMENT MANAGER - EXCELLENT REMUNERATION PACKAGE!
Our global FMCG client who require a commercially focussed Procurement Manager with demonstrable experience in packaging procurement. The successful candidate must have a proven record of success in developing long-term strategy for the purchasing of packaging materials whilst driving cost efficiency, effectiveness and service improvements. Experience of working with UK retailers is also a must!
* To ensure the security of supply of all packaging materials and consumable items to ensure the smooth running of the factory operation at all times.
* To negotiate with the packaging supplier base to drive cost benefits, service improvements and cash flow.
* To ensure contingency plans are in place to continue to supply the operations with materials during unforeseen.
* Ensure contracts are in place that protect the business and provide continuity of supply and enables mid to long term planning.
* Works closely with finance to provide regular forecasts and updates, mitigates risk and provides proactive insights on commodity situations.
* Documents, refines and improves Procurement practices, processes, procedures and policies.
* Works with bought in good providers and contract manufacturers to ensure continuity of supply that meets service, cost, quality and food safety parameters.
* Uses knowledge of the industry to input into NPD and other initiatives that support the business growth aspirations.
* Define and develop a reporting tool to share KPI's and drive improvements
* Lead regular performance reviews with the supplier base and leaders Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) on behalf of the business
* When appropriate works with Group Supply Chain to develop practices and drive scale on certain packaging materials.
* Drives down packaging material inventory levels in line with business requirements.
* Leads all strategic sourcing activities for packaging materials.
* Work with group procurement to broaden the understanding of the business and drive synergies where possible.
* Provide ongoing continual improvement initiatives to manage and mitigate financial risk to the budget.
* Lead, motivate and develop direct reports through the application of core values, performance management and identification of training solutions.
* An experience packaging procurement professional who has worked within the FMCG industry.
* Experience of working with UK retailers is essential
* Experience of managing a range of suppliers of varying sizes.
* Membership and CIPS accreditation advantageous.
* Experience of driving improvements in service, cost and performance across a complex supplier base.
* Commercially focused with strong evidence of negotiating skills.
* Experience of utilising ERP and MRP systems to drive visibility and improved service.
* Desirable experience of working with Microsoft AX & Excel
* An ability to influence peers and senior managers.
* The ability to coach and mentor team member to drive professional development.
* Good communication skills both written and verbal.
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants