Are you an energetic, flexible and committed individual wanting to support children within a mainstream High school? Do you have a passion for helping children to reach their full potential? Then we want to hear from you!
We currently require a highly motivated and enthusiastic teaching assistant to provide 1:1 support for initially a looked after child with challenging behaviour to integrate back into school life post-COVID-19.in an High School in the Wirral. The role is for a September 2020 start and would be full time for the whole year with a view to permanent employment.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment you will benefit from:
* A dedicated, professional and friendly consultant and a branch with 24 hour on-call facility
* Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
* Commitment to your continuing professional development through free training, including safeguarding
* Access to a 'Recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
* Being part of a highly respected supply team and developing our own reputation within it, especially through various rewards like 'Candidate of the Term
* Working with children with a variety of needs
* Supporting the children in completing day to day tasks around the classroom and with their learning
* Engaging with the children
* Promoting positive behaviour
* Making observations in line with the KS3/4 curriculum
* Supporting the teacher with behaviour management
As a successful teaching assistant you will have;
* Experience of working with children in primary school
* Experience of supporting a class teacher to promote positive behaviour
* Some knowledge of the KS3/4 secondary curriculum
* The ability to communicate and work as part of a team within the school
We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across Merseyside, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, short-or long-term, full or part-time, which may be a better match. All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Oran Willis, via email at or telephone (phone number removed)
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone